All students studying abroad must attend the Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation. Details on times and locations will be sent via email to students.
Topics covered include:
- Health and safety while abroad
- Important steps to prepare for a study abroad program
- Passport and visa information
- Transfer of Credit and the Verification of Transferability Form
- Applying financial aid to study abroad programs
- On-Campus Accommodation (canceling UMBC housing contract)
- Power of Attorney
While the presentation is intended for students and students are expected to take responsibility for their own requirements, if parents, partners or grandparents wish to attend, they are welcome.