You must hold a valid passport to enter and live in your host country. If you do not already have a passport, apply now!
What do you need to know?
- The Education Abroad Office does not assist in obtaining passports.
- Passports take 2-6 weeks to obtain.
- Your passport should be valid within 6 months of the end date of your program.
- You must have your passport before you can apply for a visa.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States (including Permanent Residents), please contact your home country’s consulate if you need to renew your passport prior to departure.
How much will my passport cost and how long will it take to receive?
Est. Processing Time
Expedited Passport Book
- Passport applications are available at Passport Services.
- The nearest USPS location to UMBC is the Halethorpe Post Office, should you want or need to apply for a passport in-person.
- Arbutus Library also offers Passport Services.
- Passport photos are available through appointment at commonvision: UMBC Design & Print Center, Commons 309 for $5.00.